MAYOR GOODMAN TO KICK OFF REDISCOVER DOWNTOWN DAY; ENCOURAGE LOCALS TO SUPPORT DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES
WHAT: In preparation for Rediscover Downtown Day, Mayor Carolyn Goodman joins downtown business owners and operators to encourage Southern Nevadans to rediscover the heart of their city and support downtown businesses.
Rediscover Downtown Day, Saturday, Oct. 13, is a day-long celebration created for locals to encourage exploration and appreciation of all that’s new in the downtown area. The event is organized by Downtown Las Vegas Alliance (DLVA), a group of downtown business owners and stakeholders who believe in reclaiming downtown as the locals’ center of culture, business and entertainment. More than 40 businesses and downtown venues are participating with special offers, discounts, incentives and events. For a complete listing of offers and parking locations, visit www.rediscoverdowntownlv.com.
- Mayor Carolyn Goodman, city of Las Vegas.
- Bob Coffin, councilman, city of Las Vegas
- Bill Arent, director, economic and urban development department, city of Las Vegas
- Rich Worthington, president and CEO, The Molasky Group of Companies; president, DLVA
- Seth Schorr, CEO, Fifth Street Gaming, DLVA member
- Alex Epstein, executive vice president, El Cortez Hotel & Casino, DLVA member
- Victoria Hart, gallery director, Brett Wesley Gallery, Arts District DLVA member
- Cima Mizrachi, owner, Corner Store, Arts District DLVA member
- Jason Belland, executive director, American Heart Association
- David Swallow, director of engineering, Regional Transportation Commission
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012 @ 11:30 a.m.
Corner Store in 18b Arts District, 1201 S. Main St. (across the street from Casa Don Juan)
Free 1-hour parking on California Ave. between Main St. and Casino Center Blvd.
- For complete list of REDISCOVER DOWNTOWN offers, visit www.rediscoverdowntownlv.com.
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/RediscoverDowntownLasVegas and on Twitter @ReDowntownLV – join the conversation with #RDDAYLV
The Downtown Las Vegas Alliance (DLVA) is a non-profit corporation comprised of downtown Las Vegas stakeholders – public, private and not-for-profit entities committed to enhancing business development and growth and quality of life in downtown Las Vegas. The DLVA provides a collective voice for established downtown-area businesses, provides information and assistance to new and potential downtown-area firms and works to enhance public awareness of downtown Las Vegas. Members enjoy affiliation with like-minded companies, access to important information relevant to the downtown area and inclusion in the DLVA’s public and community relations efforts. For more information, visit www.downtownlasvegasalliance.org; for membership information, please email email@example.com.
Melissa Warren – firstname.lastname@example.org and 702-528-6016
Eryn Sebelius – email@example.com and 702-234-6684