Special event creation with a business goal in mind is a specialty of FFW. We pride ourselves in the conception of creative event ideas, stellar execution and desired outcome for the client. With more than 20 years of event planning experience, we can make any concept a reality.
Signature events developed by FFW include:
- Earth Day Birthday – the valley’s first-ever Earth Day celebration in Henderson that drew more than 10,000 people its first year. When the client for whom we initially created this event changed their company focus, we took the Earth Day event concept to Summerlin where it evolved into Summerlin Earthfaire that involved more than 75 community and environmental agencies.
- Gold Digger Parties – for the National Jewelry Liquidation Center, owned by Cash America/Super Pawn, we created this fun concept to promote gold-buying services and the impressive jewelry offerings of the center. This tongue-in-cheek approach invited professional women to become “gold diggers” for a night by selling their old, out-of-style and unwanted jewelry to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It also introduced these women to the Center, which offers high-end jewelry at a fraction of retail price.
- Plagued with a significant dumping problem on undeveloped land in the southern region of Summerlin, The Howard Hughes Corporation has organized several desert clean-ups to not only remove tons of trash and debris, but to raise awareness of public dumping and work with local governmental agencies to improve enforcement and reward programs. We helped to create the Summerlin Desert Clean-up. The initial event involved more than 12 professional contractors who volunteered manpower and equipment to remove large items; media outreach that generated more than 200 citizen volunteers; and partnerships with the Bureau of Land Management, UNLV’s Public Lands Institute, Southern Nevada Air Quality and Don’t Trash Nevada. In less than four hours, more than 300 tons of trash was collected, ranking the clean up as the single largest event organized by a private entity in Nevada history. The clean-up generated more than $300,000 in earned media and generated dozens of media stories on the issue of desert dumping.
- For the International Academy of Design Technology, a vocational university offering bachelors and associate degrees in fashion, graphic, interior and video game design, we created a 50th Birthday Fashion Extravaganza for Barbie. We secured the cooperation and permission of Mattel (no easy feat) to create and promote a student exhibit of Barbie-inspired designs at the Fashion Show mall. The event also included a special runway show and resulted in more than a dozen media stories with a local media value of approximately $250,000.
- For Bauman Rare Books, we have facilitated relationships with diverse but demographically targeted groups and organizations to introduce rare books as collectibles and cultivate potential new clients. These groups include UNLV’s Black Mountain Institute, which hosted a reading by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jane Smiley; Nevada Ballet Theatre’s new artistic director announcement for its key donors, board members and media; mixers and mini-lectures for various private, wealth management banks; lectures on arts and architecture for various arts groups such as the Modern Council and Americana lectures for Advanced Placement American History students from local high schools (for media and community service value).
- On a national level, we have executed a number of charity shopping events that frequently involved celebrities and generated thousands of dollars for local non-profits while raising awareness for these boutiques. This list includes Tory Burch, Cole Haan, Guerlain, Double Helix Wine Bar + Boutique and more.
- Tory Burch and the launch of her Las Vegas boutiques at The Shoppes at The Palazzo and The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. The opening event at The Palazzo was personally attended by the designer herself. FFW assisted with all event coordination and connected the brand with board members from Nevada Ballet Theater for a charity tie that not only generated strong sales, but also a loyal client following.
- Grand opening event for Cole Haan’s flagship boutique at The Shoppes at The Palazzo with celebrity attendance from Seal and Rob Lowe in addition to local celebrities. Top executives from Cole Haan were also in attendance. FFW utilized local decor connections to transform the space into an elaborate venue fit for the brand’s Las Vegas debut.
- Private charitable shopping events for Michael Kors and Piazza Sempione, among others.