Symphony Park Lecture Series announces next presentation ‘The Brain Demystified’ from the experts at Cleveland Clinic
The topic of the next Symphony Park Lecture is THE BRAIN DEMYSTIFIED. Join Dr. Jeffrey Cummings and other experts from Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health as they enlighten the public on:
- The relationship between creativity and the brain and how the brain controls both the intellectual and emotional existence
- New approaches to brain imaging that reveal how the brain works in both health and disease
- Brain health and aging
Attendees will walk away with answers to important health questions like:
- How does normal forgetfulness differ from memory loss?
- Why is what’s good for the heart also good for the brain?
- What steps can you take to promote healthy brain aging?
The Symphony Park Lecture Series is a program presented by the Economic and Urban Development office of the city of Las Vegas and Newland Communities, project manager of Symphony Park, to engage the local community in compelling and pertinent topics germane to Symphony Park, its anchor projects, downtown and other quality of life issues in Las Vegas. The event is free and open to the public.
- Jeffrey L. Cummings, MD, ScD, Director, Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Sarah Banks, PhD, Neuropsychologist, Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Kate Zhong, MD, FRCP, Senior Director of Clinical Research & Development, Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman
- Ricki Y. Barlow, Las Vegas City Councilman, Ward 5
- Betsy Fretwell, Manager, City of Las Vegas
WHEN: Wednesday, April 4, 2012
- Doors open at 5 p.m. for a wine bar hosted by Downtown Las Vegas Alliance and Southern Wine & Spirits of Nevada
- Panel discussion runs from 6 to 7 p.m.
WHERE: Fifth Street School Auditorium, 401 So. Fourth Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
SPONSORS: KNPR, CityLife, Downtown Las Vegas Alliance, Southern Wine & Spirits of Nevada
CONTACT: For more information, visit www.symphonypark.com; or call 702-220-8090, ext. 1211