Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday: 2011 Media guide
MEDIA GUIDE ON EARLY OPENINGS, STORE ACCESS AND INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES AT FASHION SHOW, MEADOWS MALL, THE BOULEVARD MALL IN LAS VEGAS, NV
**NOTE TO MEDIA: PLEASE CONTACT FFW PR PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE CENTERS**
WHAT: Fashion Show, Meadows Mall, The Boulevard Mall, The Shoppes at The Palazzo and
The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian kick-off the holiday shopping season with several Thanksgiving and early Black Friday openings. These GGP centers offer many opportunities for media during the most important retail weekend of the year.
WHO: The following representatives are available for media interviews the week of Black Friday to discuss holiday trends, general traffic and sales numbers, gift ideas, holiday safety tips:
- Laurie Paquette, VP of asset management for GGP
- Janet LaFevre, group marketing manager for Las Vegas
- Jim McMichael, senior marketing manager for Fashion Show and Spanish speaking delegate
- Ric Jimenez, general manager of The Boulevard Mall and Spanish speaking delegate
Approved locations for in-store filming, photos and interviews:
- Macy’s – Fashion Show
- Pinto Ranch – Fashion Show
- Brookstone – Fashion Show; opens at 5 a.m. on Black Friday
- Old Navy – The Boulevard Mall; opens on Thanksgiving Day from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and midnight on Black Friday
- Cotton On – The Boulevard Mall; opens at midnight on Black Friday
- Zumiez – The Boulevard Mall; opens at midnight on Black Friday
- JC Penney – Meadows Mall; opens at 4 a.m. on Black Friday
- Torrid – Meadows Mall; opens at midnight on Black Friday
- Finish Line – Meadows Mall; opens at midnight on Black Friday
- Forever 21 – Fashion Show; open on Thanksgiving Day and midnight on Black Friday
WHEN: Thanksgiving Day openings!
The following retailers will open their doors on Thanksgiving, Nov. 24.
- Old Navy – The Boulevard Mall open from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Forever 21 – Fashion Show open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Shoppes at The Palazzo and The Grand Canal Shoppes – both centers are open 365 days a year including Thanksgiving Day!
Black Friday Openings and Highlights:
- Meadows Mall: Macy’s, Hot Dog on a Stick, The Disney Store, Gymboree, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Torrid, XXI, Finish Line, New York & Co., No Fear, Cotton On, Mastercuts, The Children’s Place, Justice, Journey’s, Journey’s Kids, Aeropostale, Zumies, Agaci, Radio Shack, Mocha Karamelo, Champs, Spencers, Joppa, Styles for Less, Shoe Palace, McDonald’s
- Fashion Show: Macy’s, Forever 21, Guess, Guess by Marciano, Hot Topic, PacSun, Shiekh Shoes, Shoe Palace, Starbucks (inside location), Victoria’s Secret, Victoria’s Secret Beauty, Wet Seal, White House Black Market, Arden B, Buckle
- The Boulevard Mall: Macy’s, Old Navy, A’Gaci Too, Cotton On, The Children’s Place, Cinnabon, Eccoci Annex, Finish Line, Zaragoza Silver Jewelry, Hot Topic, Lane Bryant, Victoria’s Secret, Zumiez
- 3 a.m. Express opens at Fashion Show
- 4 a.m. Sears and JC Penney open Meadows Mall and The Boulevard Mall
- 4 a.m. The Children’s Place, Jamba Juice, Starbucks (Plaza location) open at Fashion Show
- 5 a.m. Banana Republic, Bath & Body Works and Brookstone open at Fashion Show
- 5 a.m. Lids and Rainbow open at The Boulevard Mall
- 6 a.m. Fashion Show, Meadows Mall and The Boulevard Mall common areas open
- 6 a.m. Fashion Show, Meadows Mall and The Boulevard Mall will treat early-bird guests to a $10 GGP Shop Etc. Gift Card when they spend $100 or more in center purchases throughout the morning. Limit one gift card per person. While supplies last.
- 12 noon: don’t miss the debut of the annual Believe in the Magic holiday show that kicks off on the runway at Fashion Show!
***MEDIA INTERVIEWS WITH CUSTOMERS ARE AVAILABLE PROVIDED YOUR REQUEST IS APPROVED BY FFW ***
Once you have received permission to be on property, please be advised of the following protocol:
- You must first check in accordingly at each center:
- Meadows Mall: a media check-in at the security office located on the second level near JC Penney
- The Boulevard Mall: media check-in at the security office located near Macy’s on the first level.
- Fashion Show: media check-in at the Concierge Center located directly in front of Macy’s
- Upon check-in, you will be accompanied by security
- Interviews with a representative from the centers are available throughout the day. To schedule media interviews, please contact Melissa Warren – 528-6016 or McKinzie Cogswell – 234-5307
- Approval for coverage in individual stores/department stores MUST be granted by the stores directly. We can only authorize interior/exterior common area footage.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!