The Mob Museum announces preview day and grand opening details for media
*ALL EVENTS REQUIRE CREDENTIALS*
The Mob Museum, the National Museum or Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, announces its Media Preview Day and grand opening events.
All events take place at The Mob Museum, 300 Stewart Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Parking information will be provided with credentials)
MEDIA PREVIEW DAY: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2012
Noon to 3 p.m.
Arrival and Registration: 11:45 a.m. at adjoining Tent Pavilion on Museum grounds
Tours conducted by:
Dr. Dennis Barrie, Creative Director, The Mob Museum
Kathy Barrie, Curator, The Mob Museum
Jonathan Ullman, Executive Director, The Mob Museum
Featuring Hollywood author, screenwriter and producer, Nicholas Pileggi
This by-invitation only media event is the only opportunity media will have to film and videotape The Museum without restriction. Once The Museum opens, photos and video are tightly controlled and restricted, a customary practice for accredited museums throughout the world.
Opportunity for interviews with the following individuals:
- Ellen Knowlton, President of The Mob Museum Board of Directors and former Special Agent in Charge, FBI, Las Vegas
- Nicholas Pileggi, author, screenwriter and producer best known for his book and screenplay Casino, and his book, Wiseguy, which was adapted for the movie, “Goodfellas”
- Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman, city of Las Vegas
- Ricki Y. Barlow, city councilman, Las Vegas
- Oscar B. Goodman, visionary and board member
- Dr. Dennis Barrie, creative director, The Mob Museum
- Jonathan Ullman, executive director, The Mob Museum
- Kathleen Hickey Barrie, curator, The Mob Museum
- Nancy Deaner, director, Las Vegas Office of Cultural Services
- Robert Chattel, Preservation Architect
- Dr. Michael Green, College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas history expert
- Paul E. Westlake, Jr., FAIA, principal and lead designer, Westlake Reed Leskosky, Architecture and Integrated Design Services
- Patrick Gallagher, president, Gallagher & Associates, Museum Planning and Design, Environmental Graphic Design
MARRIED AT THE MOB MUSEUM
Mass Wedding officiated by Oscar B. Goodman
The Mob Museum Courtroom
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 8 a.m.
(media must be in place by 7:45 a.m.)
Champagne toast at MOB BAR, 201 N. 3rd Street (walking distance from Museum) at 9 a.m.
Join the seven lucky couples chosen at random via an online promotion sponsored by vegas.com, The Mob Museum and Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority for a special wedding ceremony conducted in The Museum’s historic courtroom by former Las Vegas Mayor and museum visionary Oscar B. Goodman. This is not your typical chocolate and flowers Valentine’s Day celebration! Following the ceremony, join the couples for a champagne toast and brunch at MOB BAR – just down the street from The Mob Museum.
Interview opportunities with winning couples, Oscar B. Goodman.
GRAND OPENING CEREMONY
Outside The Mob Museum on 3rd Street
Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 10 a.m.
Join the Board of Directors of The Mob Museum, Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman, Las Vegas City Councilman Ricki Y. Barlow and friends and supporters of The Mob Museum for the official grand opening ceremony of The Mob Museum with a featured performance by The Jersey Boys.
Interview opportunities with Ellen Knowlton, Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman, Oscar B. Goodman, Ricki Y. Barlow, and others affiliated with The Museum.
- TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE BEGINNING AT 2 P.M. ON FEBURARY 14, 2012 FOLLOWING GRAND OPENING FESTIVITIES
- To RSVP and receive credentials and request interviews, visit https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDIyNHVVV0FNbDJZOVBEUFhuc0Qtbnc6MA by February 9, 2012.
About The Mob Museum
The Mob Museum is a world-class destination in downtown Las Vegas dedicated to the thrilling story of organized crime and law enforcement. It presents an exciting and authentic view of the mob’s impact on Las Vegas history and its unique imprint on the world. True stories of mob history are brought to life in a bold and contemporary style via engaging exhibits, high-tech theater presentations and and more than 600 artifacts, the largest collection of mob and related law enforcement memorabilia under one roof. Admission is $18 for adults ages 18 and over with special pricing for children, seniors, military, law enforcement and teachers; and $10 for Nevada residents of all ages. Museum hours are Sundays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. For more information, call 702-229-2734 or visit www.themobmuseum.org. Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themobmuseum and on Twitter: @TheMobMuseum.
Melissa Warren – 702-528-6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eryn Sebelius – 702-234-6684
The Mob Museum
Ceres Hill – 702-229-2711 or email@example.com