Video: Meet our Chance to Rediscover Downtown Las Vegas winners!
They came, they saw and they had a blast during one of the most unique downtown Las Vegas experiences ever assembled. Las Vegans Cindy and Mike Baca won the ‘Chance to Rediscover Downtown’ Las Vegas contest and were whisked around to several downtown locations for a two-day staycation they will never forget… and we caught it all on camera!
Watch their experience and read Cindy’s review below on their adventure! Who knows, it may inspire you to check out a new spot. Get ready for Rediscover Downtown Day on Oct. 13, 2012 for your own adventure!
First of all, we want to say “thanks” for picking us. We had a blast! This is a memory that will stay in our minds forever but the best part is that we can share our experience with friends and family through photos and a video. We felt like stars being followed around by paparazzi. We couldn’t possibly pick our most favorite part overall but I can recap the highlight of each stop:
- Plaza Hotel & Casino: Surprised at the remodel of the hotel and suite and loved the retro Vegas decor!
- Shopping on Zappos.com: I bought two pair of shoes – Vans and Converse. It was quick and easy and they had every color under the sun. Much easier than a trip to the mall!!! Plus no gas, shipping and handling was free. Love it!
- Hugo’s Cellar at the Four Queens Hotel: The wine was fabulous!
- Insert Coin(s): What a cool place to hang out and feel young again.
- Du-par’s: Awesome omelets, bringing the guys from the shop for Saturday morning breakfast from now on.
- Presidential Limo: Fancy blinged out limo.
- Brett Wesley Gallery: It was cool to learn more about the mediums used in the featured artwork
- Las Vegas Premium Outlets North: The gift card was awesome but the gift basket was GREAT! It was like a surprise birthday present!
- Mob Bar: Calamari was YUMMY!
- The Mob Museum: The courthouse reenactment was cool!
- Globe Salon: What a swanky hip salon!
- Break back at the Plaza: Much needed! It is hard work being a reality star.
- Drinks with the Goodman’s: They were so nice and down to earth.
- Dinner at Oscar’s: The crab cakes are the best we have ever had!!! They need to make this a meal in itself! Loved table 33- what a great view of downtown.
- Wicked at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts: The seats were outstanding and the show was phenomenal!!!
- The Paparazzi (Marsha and Annie): So kind and patient with us rookies.